Sandy, Oregon
Featured on Instagram Not resolved

Update by user Sep 19, 2016

While it states that I was the only one that got this message, and that they are sorry my name shouldn't have said I won( aren't they computer generated!) Who's to say I didn't?!Upon doing further research I have found at least 30 others that received the exact same email, that they probably sent out in a mass email to many people, I think they are frauds and need a class action lawsuit filed against them for denying winnings to winners on their app, they have been sued by 24 states stating their language was misleading in their mailers, but we all were told we won~they shouldn't be allowed to get away with just saying oh our computer wasn't supposed to say you were a winner?

Prove it!

I think I was and you don't want to pay me, so you make up it was supposed to be last months winners name.Attorney General give us some justice

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2016

Publishers Clearing House Customer Service

Related: Publishers Clearing House - Dropped by PCH because I ended up in a wrong category

September 17, 2016

Dear VIP,

VIP's like you are so important to us and we wanted to reach out at once to apologize and correct some inaccurate information that was recently provided to you.

We learned early this morning that due to an error your name was mistakenly included in a winner announcement sent to you for a $10,000 sweepstakes prize. The announcement including your name was sent only to you, and not to anyone else.

The name appearing in the announcement was supposed to have been our recent winner, Mark deGuzman of San Jose, CA. Unfortunately, in our effort to announce this news, your name was inadvertently inserted in the announcement.

We deeply regret any confusion this may have caused and want to assure you that we have taken steps to prevent such an error from occurring again. By way of a thank you for your loyalty, we are automatically entering you into a special contest in which we will draw 5 winners of $10,000.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately at service@pchmail.com.

Sincerely,

Emily Johnson

Emily Johnson

Manager, Customer Service

FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOUR HOUSE

Visit us at pch. com for great deals and exciting opportunities to enter our Sweeps

PRETTY SURE I JUST GOT CHUMPED OUT OF WINNING.

Review #920997 is a subjective opinion of a user.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Publishers Clearing House?

Comments

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #1223129

I have experienced the same thing and have both the winning announcements and email. Please let me know if someone files a class action law suit. jcclark142@gmail.com

Thank you very much!

Sam Doane
Killingworth, Connecticut, United States #1216833

I was another who received the $10,000 congratulations announcement.Being a VIP customer, that would have meant $20,000.

I copied the announcement,the letters, etc.

What puzzles me is how such a big company (since 1953) can be so unprofessional. Their supervision and tech departments are very amateurish. This is a huge PR nightmare! What they need to do is more than 50,000 tokens.

Tokens cost them nothing-NOTHING!!! What they need to do is offer 1 million tokens to each person who got this message. Then, since we are their so-called BEST CUSTOMERS, credit 5 items on each account (limit $100).

To regain some respectability, a personal letter with these 2 offerings included, needs to reach each effected PCH customer.

People have lost a secure feeling with this company. I cannot return items already purchased because I don't trust them to credit my account.

I would need to send each "certified return requested" which would add up to more than the original cost.

Obviously they are going to lose many of their best customers because of this stupidity and how they have handled it.

I call them, calls disconnected.They say they will call me back-nope!

Any class actions, please include me!

pch pay up
to Sam Doane #1220932

I too was surprised by the 10000$ winner pop up and got both an email later with an apology and when I logged in the next day another apology popped up before I could do anything else I was and am still pissed in there own rules section they state that it is against announcing winners who have not actually won I am currently looking to talk to a lawyer to see if anything can be done please let me know if you find anything out and I will do the same.