Chicago, Illinois
1.5K views

I am very turned off with Publishers Clearing House because I ordered a special adhesive that is to be used to seal rips, tears, hems, etc in fabrics and while waiting for this order they sent me a free gift.

Free gift my ###. I never asked for this supposedly free gift which they felt they should charge me $4.99 for shipping it to me.

The box when I got it in the mail was not marked as having this free gift in it so I opened it thinking that it was this special adhesive. In the box the note said my adhesive was backordered but they were happy to send me this free gift with the condition that I send them the $4.99 in shipping charges for it.

I will no longer buy anything from them when they send me the contest envelopes because they only want me to buy products from them at outrages amounts of money. They list their products at a certain amount which seems reasonable until you check closer and find out that it's several more additional payments of that amount.

I am also tired of paying high shipping and handling charges sometimes more than the cost of the item I am buying.

From now on their mail will go in the garbage.

Thanks for letting me inform others of this scam.

Comments

The same happened to me. Promised to refund.

Still waiting!!!!! Cannot trust PCH!!!!

BrainyLlama209

All PCH is just a bunch of *** I have the app and I've played all their games and watched a million AD's!! I have also redeemed my tokens in exchange for entries in their drawings!

I've won NOTHING! I HAD OVER 24,000 ENTRIES in one drawing but haven't won a thing except unwanted SPAM EMAIL, PHONE CALLS, AND TONS OF AGGRAVATING NOTIFICATIONS ON MY CELL PHONE! So PCH gets paid for every ad we watch but I sure as *** haven't got anything but a hard time from them!

I don't know anyone that has won from Publisher's Clearing House!!!!!!! They claim to have winners every 5 minutes but that's *** !!

@BrainyLlama209

Yeah, BrainyLlama209, and so is me too when I've won NOTHING back on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 because, instead, I got scammed and ripped off.

Same for us here in state of Georgie July 2019. "free gift" was cheap Chinese made kitchen stuff.

Wrote note back telling PCH that we were not going to pay the tax and shipping cost for "Free" gift. If they want it back they could send us postage for return of gift PLUS extra funds for the aggregation we went thru.

Wonder how many people have just paid for it. It's a scam and they have lost another customer.

@Anonymous

If you have to pay anything for postage and handling on it, then it's not free. You are paying for it, and you are paying way more for it than it is worth. They should send that stuff for free to all of the vip elite players who waste so much time playing their games and entering their sweepstakes everyday.

BrainyLlama209
@Anonymous

Exactly! I swear I've wasted so much of my time on watching ads all for nothing! I don't know anyone who has one a damn thing from them!

@BrainyLlama209

Yeah, and so is me too.

What the frick is the free gift!

#1520255

u never said what the mystery gift was

Please tell me. What was the free gift?zoeycoen@gmail.com

rfarmer

The same happened to me. Its not a free gift when you have to pay for the shipping.

I will not longer deal with Publishers Clearing House on ANY level! Trash

atbarefoot

I just received free gift in same package as something I did actually order, and was charged 2 separate S&H charges. the free Gift wasn't worth half of S&H, though it was a mystery gift valued at $30.00. Lucky Me $11.00 in S&H

@atbarefoot

Me, too. Do I have to pay the extra since I did not ask for it?

I order a stuffy could have got local for $10 I paid $17+ with the promise of 25 dollar gift,I got product no mention of the gift I did click on to receive it.

I had the same thing happen. When I ordered pens around $11.

They added the free gift. Total came to over $22.

Rip - offs. Guess I'll throw their stuff away too in the future.

*** pch

At Publishers Clearing House, all Free Gift promotions fully disclose any related shipping and handling charges related to receipt of the gift. If you do not wish to keep the item or the gift, you may return it and owe nothing.

All items are shipped on free credit, so there's no amount charged to your credit card. You won't have to wait for a refund or credit on any items you return because you don't have to pay anything upfront at PCH.

@Deborah Holland @ PCH

Absolutely agree Deborah! Everything states that the gifts that do have s&h charges that it is a separate s&h charge.

And every order stamp clearly states the price plus shipping. I've been a loyal customer for a while now!

@Amanda Testerman

Because, again, I was threatening them with emails just late last year in order for me to win a PCH Prize Patrol visit in person as soon as possible.

@Amanda Testerman

Vice-president Deborah Holland, please help me out.