Publishers Clearing House - False Prize Announcement

Friday night 9/16/16, about 1130, I got a pop-up window announcing that I was the "VIP Grand Prize Winner" in the amount of $10,000.00.12 Hours later I received an email from Customer Service "We Apologize for Our Mistake," informing ME (a female) that my name had been inserted into the announcement & sent to ME by mistake because they had "mistaken" me for a MAN in California.

The email was vague about what they actually did, it was dismissive and condescending and literally brushed off MY win for his. Little do they know I took a digital picture of that pop-up and am filing numerous charges against them for this, since they appear to be stonewalling me about communicating with me!

I placed a copy on the PC & kept the original on the camera card to PROVE I did NOT alter this thing.I want my 10K CHECK and a PUBLIC APOLOGY from these people!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
How would YOU feel if someone lied to you about $10K???
Preferred solution:
I WANT my $10,000.00 Prize check AND an apology!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
False Grand Prize Announcement
Review category
review #920778 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Publishers Clearing House? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 02 #1221656 Dallas, Texas

A pop up?
So, how did they know who you are by just sending a pop up?
Sounds more as though folks were phishing for personal information.

First Born Triplet

Sep 30 #1220471 Ontario, Canada

Same thing happened to me sort of, I got an email saying that someone wanted to sell me a bridge in Brooklyn. Never got the bridge. Paid lots of money never got the bridge.

Sep 23 #1217251 Sanford, Maine

same thing but they said it was sent in error and was for a female in Florida i think its a scam i would not use PCH to win anything as even if you win something they will not allow you

Sep 20 #1215918 Lincoln, Nebraska

Same thing happened to my husband. Don't know if anything can be done about it.

Sep 19 #1215275 Delmar, New York

SAme thing happened to me and many others. What can we do?

Sep 19 #1214938 Overland Park, Kansas

I had the same issue I commented above but I need this fixed also was told it was a glitch but we seem to be the only two can't find any other people who has this issue

Sep 19 #1214929 Overland Park, Kansas

How can I do the same this ask harm to me my name is Devon white unable to log in on this site but I can be found on twitter @devdottdolla please if you can help me also

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.