10.3K views

Update by user Nov 17, 2011

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2011

I used to watch my grandmother and my mother also get so excitied when they would get their PCH swwepstakes in mail to submit. THey always felt they had a chance to win and this would be the time they hit it big.

Of course, NOTHING! Now, i am following along the same path i suppose trying to also win so i can provide and care for my family as so many others wish to do as well. I keep getting emails stating that this could be it, This is your cahnce to win MILLIONS. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who really knows of anyone who had won anything at all or if PCH is just a big pile of lies.

It is so sad that their is so many MILLIONS of people who could really use this money in so many ways and will get their hopes up for nothing. Absolutely nothing!. If this is the case, why is it that someone has not had a investigation done and had them questioned on possibly the world news to let so many know that this is just a scam to get you to buy into products they are advertising, which in return they are getting rich off of. I have said that i am going to play this one LAST sweepstake that a winner will be announced on November 30th 2011.

I am waiting to see what will happen and who is the winner.

If i feel it is not legit, i am thinking about seriously reporting to the Today and also GMA to have the company investigated and to have them to provide proof of real winners. It is time for some REAL WINNERS!!!

Review about: Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

Comments

Yes I finally reached black diamond status and was playing the bonus games & did it over twice & then it froze, but when I looked at my status it went all the way back 2 the begining & finally the diamond came up but I lost alot of my tokens & as I said the black diamond never did come up, I had received a notice saying keep playing because unare almost at the highest status which i did keep playing & reached the 200,000,000 which is the highest status. Do whats hoing on.

I also have bought many many items and played so many games and did a million searches and then they tell you someone in your zip code is going to win then you find out the winner is in another state. I FEEL IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1217260

I feel the same way been playing since 1990 no luck u start to wonder is it REAL I be praying Nothing happens I been fired from my good job no benifts no unempolyment my children take care of me I feel like a failure but I know I'm a child f the most high I be thinking they not gone come to Detroit Michigan my house raggedy why come here I'm tired of this

I agree! I think they were sued years ago too for false advertising and fraud because there were no Gand prize winners.

Sorry, folks, but Publishers Clearing House is real. I've won 3 times and have received all three prizes ($150 and $10 - paid by mail - and a $5 Amazon gift card which I received online).

Publishers Clearing House is a marketing company that sells other company's products like magazines or the "As Seen On TV" junk that you see on...well, TV.

The prices are usually a little higher than normal plus they tack on slightly higher shipping costs. If you want cheaper deals, then contact the magazines directly or just buy "As Seen..." stuff from Walmart. Keep in mind that they mail out hundreds of millions of pieces of mail, in addition to getting millions of people to play their games online. As a reward for providing this service, Publisher Clearing House obviously gets a cut from each sale they make, which in turn funds their prizes.

Regarding their prizes, if you read the fine print carefully, you will see that they only offer a major prize a couple of times per year and the smaller prizes are spread across many different games.

So literally, you might have 100 different games vying for the same $100 prize. The probability figures are right there; just read the papers that you normally throw out or go to the "Odds of Winning" page on the Internet.

So is Publishers Clearing house a scam? I say no. But I think it falls into the same category as political campaigns and even religious fundraising.

They're selling HOPE and DREAMS. So it's not really fair for us to not read the fine print and face reality (like reading the "Odds of Winning" pages, political history or even The Bible itself) then get frustrated when things don't turn out as we wish.

My advice: Have fun with it. Read the ads and occasionally treat yourself to ONE thing you can really use now or give as a gift. Give the stickers to some little kid to play with.

Make sure that you are registered and signed in when playing their online games. If an online screen says that you have won, then copy the screen immediately and contact PCH for further instructions. And for goodness sake, set limits. Right now I am at 25,000,000 points online with PCH, but I am going to stop at 40,000,000.

By then it will be late Spring and I'll have fun working with the flowers, garden tools and sprayers I bought this past Winter.

Good luck!

PCH customer in Florida (By the way: I am, posting this exact letter in several places, so nothing fishy is going on. I am just a self-employed person who's waiting on a phone call).

PCH was under investigation about 11 years ago and had to pay out a fine for deceptive marketing practices.

That being said...

since they've changed their ways some... it doesn't make it a scam. The fact that the odds are astronomical are why people don't win. Doesn't make it a scam.

If you have a few minutes a day to enter a few sweepstakes... what's the harm. The way I look at it, somebody has to win, and it could be me. I only started playing because it's just a few clicks of a mouse.

I would never have done it old school with pasting stamps and mailings... wow. This weeks $5000 a week forever prize winner was on the news. Was he a relative or employee..

who knows. You want to take time to investigate that? Idk.. I like to play games sometimes...so clicking a mouse is not a big investment.

Seems to me to be better than spending money on lotteries that you never win either.

Just my 2 cents ... since I've never won ;)

I agree I've actually tried now for two years and they showed a map where I lived,the motel they'll be staying at and the name of the florist. They keep wanting me to order stuff I would but can't afford it.

That's why I'm trying for the money.

Can't eat news letters and magazines ect. Show me the MONEY.

I have played 30 years plus played under past married names for 20 so now that I am 63 I am going to stop for enough is enough

Susan Cook

I got a $10.00 check, they forgot a few zeros, but that's okay, I'm sure they'll figure it out and show up with the rest, be patient.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #1059228

I applied 12,000,000 tokens towards a prize at PCH and didn’t win. How is that possible?

I’m beginning to have doubts about the time I invested to get 12,000,000 tokens. My family had a great laugh at my expense.

Hi!

I won 20$ from PCH and have never bought anything from them.

Keep the faith and keep playing.

God bless,

Desiree Cawley

Tell ya what. You all stop playing these 100% free Sweepstakes and games and spread the word.

Therefore it will increase my odds.

Lol.

Thanks and respectfully,

Loyal pch Sweepstakes player

yes, I think it's mostly a Gimmick !!!!

Bronx, New York, United States #1028211

I've been playing PCH sweeps for 50 years, on and off. Never won anything.

My mom played through the mail for as long as i could remember. She pasted stickers, chose magazines hoping that would cause her entries to be placed in a 'true' barrel for an honest pick.

Nothing, ever.

I too, believe it is a scam to collect 'click' income for the 'fat-cats'. And, boy they must be fat by now...

- jd, mastic park, ny

People are dumb PCH had been around forever it is NOT a scam...like someone else said about the state or federal lotto it's like saying its a scam cause you never won or haven't known anyone who's won. I play the games on their site and won some small gift cards but I know the odds for the big prizes is slim to none. I enter cause it's like a free lotto but I don't expect to win.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #1018378

I won $10,000 when they came to our door in 1999.... so...

it was a REAL check along with the big one they print out.. we have the big one if you still don't believe...

to Thelmama #1478091

You're full of it. Lol

My son won $20 off the Bingo game, but I have played the PCHlotto, and it doesn't save my numbers. This is over and over again and it states I didn't play when clearly I have.

to Anonymous #1117071

I won $5000 this morning off random numbers on the PCH Lotto App...

to Anonymous #1478094

People don't understand that every one can't win. But you can't win unless you play.