Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Update by user Dec 04, 2016

Are you saying this HAS BEEN RESOLVED for some people??? How was it resolved???

How can it be resolved for us???

What did those people do to get their attention and have them resolve this? Any advice here???

Update by user Dec 04, 2016

I would like to know HOW to register a complaint about the heartlifting announcement from PCH that we had won 10K, followed by the heartbreaking news that it was just a cruel joke! We, along with others, had NOT really won.

Of course I want to file a complaint. They have got to learn to be more careful about breaking peoples hearts. HOW do I go about it?? Can YOU help?

I should think, if they had a heart, they'd want to do right by their "LOYAL" customers. We've been entering their contests, buying their products for, I believe, over 30 years.

Then they kick us in the gut!!! That's the thanks we get.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2016

We've had much bad luck in our lives. When we got the good news that we had won $10,000., we were soooo happy.

Maybe our luck has changed. But a day or so later they pulled the rug out from under us. They said THEY had made a mistake. We didn't really win.

How cruel. It was THEIR mistake and we all have to pay for our mistakes. This should be no different. I feel they gave us $10,000 and then stole it back.

We went from crying for happy to crying for anger and disappointment. How are they at pulling wings off of butterflies? We had soooo much sadness in our lives. We didn't need any more pain and disappointment.

Tom has had Guillaine Barre Syndome, now has Parkinson's Disease and an imbedded catheter because the Parkinson's affected his bladder. I've had 3 heart attacks. Cardiac catherization and angioplasty with the first, a stent with the second and open-heart surgery for a triple by-pass for the third. I also have severe advanced osteo-arthritis.

So we really could have used that money to help make our lives a little easier, safer and more pleasant for ourselves. I feel it was a VERY cruel joke amd I'll tell the world how PCH mistreated us. If you agree, please let us know what can be done. Appreciatively, Thomas J.

and Sandy Samens, 80 and 85 years old, married to each other 64 years come Nov. 8th. Tom worked for the Wisconsin Power & Light Company, now Alliant Energy over 40 years. We are very law-abiding, stable people.

Well respected and we didn't deserve this hoax. Can you help??? Please let us know. Thank you for whatever consideration you give this letter.

Mr.

& Mrs. Thomas ( Sandy ) Samens

Product or Service Mentioned: Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

Reason of review: Deceptive practise of falsly telling us we won $10K.

Comments

My momma says if someone wants to give you money don't say no. What's wrong with Publishers Clearing House wanting to give away large cash prizes?

The answer is, Nothing is wrong with that. It's admirable.

Many people struggle to have some of the simple luxuries of life and a reward like that is a blessing. Thank you PCH.

But wait; another question is whether this contest is truly a give away to a random contest recipient because if it is PCH has our blessings...and then again if it's rigged by PCH well that's a problem and PCH may be breaking the rules.

@ballou

PCH. Wouldn't do that there awesome

I think their drawings are rigged. I would hope that the drawings are random like the state lotteries or picking the winner out of a hat, with no peeking.

Instead, I think that the winners are chosen by the board of directors and corporate officers which would probably be illegal in some states. I hope that I am wrong because I have been a PCH supporter for about ten years.

This happened to me as well. I filed a consumer complaint with the FTC and my state attorney general.

I am filling one with New York Attorney General as well.

I am looking at pursuing a Class Action lawsuit for all individuals who were affected by PCH $10,000 deceptive business practices.

And the Oscar for the best dramatic role goes to you.