Publishers Clearing House - sweepstakes scams

Sep 03, 2008
review #133815

i am pissed off because there to many people who scam people because they want that might dollar and no matter who it hurts i could really used that money for my daughters education but now i can not because it was a scam.thank you for listening to me mr.daniel elliott.

it was publishers clearing house out of new york city.

stop scammimg people this way and do it the right way.you should not have to pay for anything when you enter into a sweepstakes.i am a very pissed off citizenof the united staes of america.

ac25069
Had an experience with Publishers Clearing House?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
pretty

Nov 15, 2013 Yakima, Washington

I was just scammed today. someone called me from new York and said I won the publishers clearning house and they will be out at my place tomorrow at 10:30 am will I be home he said. he said I won one million three hundred fifty thousands dollars. He said I had to answer a few questions and he also asked does this make me happy and I said yes but for some reason was hesitant but had to find out more if it was real. He asked if I want to go public or private. He said when they come they will escort me to the my bank for deposit for it is a lot of money. He said I had to do something that had to do with taxes was to go and buy this green dot money pack a paper card for $499 and that money will be given back to me at the bank. I told him no I do not have the funds and he said can you go borrow from friends. I said no. my daughter was home and she was recording for I had the man on loud speaker. once he asked me for my social security number I said no I will not give that. my daughter looked something up about scams and sure enough it was and I told him this was a scam and he hung up. How in the world did he even get my name , address and phone number?

j

Oct 12, 2012

Hello PCH fans!!! WARNING I need to fill you in on a scam that just happened to me. Two hours ago I received a face book request that Dave Sayer from PCH wants to be friends with me. Okay??? Dave and I started to chat, and apparently they have been trying to contact me about one of the sweepstake prize. Which kinda at first made sense because I was out of town for my birthday. Dave asked me for my phone number so we could talk in person. At first there was no way I thought this could be real. But curiosity killed the cat. So I gave Dave my cell number, sure enough a man called claiming to be a representative from PCH. He told me that I had won the 75k PCH sweepstakes. Which I do play! First he needed to gather some information from me to confirm that I am who I say I am, simple things. He continued to tell me that I need to purchase a Green Dot Money pak reloaded paper card, Because the I.R.S does not allow you to receive a prize check for over ten thousand dollars. He also said that the F.B.I will need the conformation to protect me from fraud, someone else trying to claim the winning check.???? I told him that this wasn’t right because PCH has a No Purchase Necessary Rule. I started asking questions. He continued to convince me that if I was septic I could easily return to the card or just use it for purchases. But I need the Green Dot Card to give to Danielle Lam and the PCH crew and I was not suppose to tell or give anyone the card until I got home and confirmed it was... Show more

Jack W.

Sep 23, 2012

I signed up for the surveys ad promissed 1000 tokens and then after 30 mins of answering the same questions over and over, I got kicked off and didn't get anything for my time. That is a scam. Now they keep emailing me to take more surveys which i want nothing to do with. I appreciate the free games. Don't promise me something and then waste my time. I am 62 years old and still work very hard for my money.

huntersnannie

Nov 14, 2011

it really makes me want to :cry because my father in law who is retired army drill sargent of 35 years. he is92 two just recently me and his son moved in with him because his wife of 52 years just a few min ago i recieved a call stating they were from p.c.h. and that he won one million dollars but had to go to WALMART and get money card to read them number over phone then i said ohh no it says i won 2m million ofcouse he said let me ck, then i was right it was2 mil. he was rude and insisted i must get money card then i told him to call back in hour so i could check with pch over internetof course he hung up asap. THEY SHOULD BURN IN *** FOR TRYING TO TAKE MONEY FROM THESE ELDERLY PEOPLE AND OTHERS ON FIXED INCOMES. MY ONLY OTHER CONCERN IS HOW MUCH HE HAS GIVEN OTHERS LIKE THIS shame on them :?

msaint

Jul 18, 2011

To whom it may concern,

Even the Lord isn"t free. We still have to pay with our lives to be with Him.

msaint

Jul 18, 2011

To whom it may concern,

Even the Lord isn"t free. We still have to pay with our lives to be with Him.

Ossit

Jul 01, 2011

I've been playing PCH on/off for the last 20 years, and recently by computer. I fill out only the stuff where you can put the tickets in. When they send me to their affiliates I don't bother because it's just advertising.Lately the ones I get I can't open so I go to another mail thingy and open them. I've never bought anything from them and you don't have to. Anyone who asks you for money up front who claims to be from PCH isn't. You don't pay anything to win. They don't inform you by e-mail that you've won. I just read that they send a certified letter and you have to sign an affidavit. If you look down the page on your entry it says no purchase necessary. A purchase won't make you any more eligable to win. I like the moving graphics to place tickets and I like the pictures of the products but I buy nothing. I'll never win. But it keeps me occupied. Don't pay money up front for any sweepstakes. When they say no purchase required they mean it. Obviously it would be cool to win and I'm just as greedy as the next person. I've been 'playing' for 20 years. Haven't won yet and won't. But I like graphics so I play when the moving graphics come around and I don't do surveys or buy anything. If someone says you don't need to purchase, if it says you don't need to purchase then you don't. I people keep telling you not to send money up front to win or collect and you ignore it, that's on you. It's the scammers who are trying to get you not Publishers Clearing House. Anyone can... Show more

robert howard

Aug 16, 2010

I have been entering fo years and not got sniff of anything, that resembles a prizre :(

Bernita Britton

Aug 06, 2010

If It\'s to good to be true don\'t be so quick to jump at it. If it was free then why, would you have to go from Gensis to Revelation to get it. My point is made very clear. If you want someone to to win then just send them the money or bring it and stop yepping about \"we could be the winner\", trying to get your information and you to buy somthing. We are not dummies we know that in order for them to give money they have to make money. this is the way of the world. What they are doing is exploiting the needy and the poor. while the rich get richer the poor ger poorer. who\'s making who rich. The needy and the poor. Giving what they don\'t have , hoping that they win something. My fellowman, it is not worth the trouble you go through. Everbody want to win money or something. why because in this life we have to have money to live or we enjoy something for free. Do not be decieve by man mess.Do not give out personal information unless you are sure to be on a trusted site. They tell you it is no purchase but you are bombarded with so many question,surveys, and advertising, this become questionable because we should not have to go through this if we are entering the sweeptakes. they can do that seperate by asking for your email in a box yes or no. once you put no. that should be it. If you have reservation about it, do not put in you personal information. (Scam! Scam! Scam ( IN the Lord Service) Your may email me back for comments. BB ... Show more

Bernita Britton

Aug 06, 2010

To whom it may concern, nothing is free. We should not be fool by what sounds good. America is about profit. Do you think that they feel saddened by your situation. The answer is (NO).The only thing free is Jesus Christ and he is free indeed. Salvation is free and he will provide for you. You have to trust in him because all other ground is sinking sand. :zzz

jason t.

Jul 17, 2010

on the free spin thingy i recieved a amazon gift card for ten dollars......i git the code right away! 2 weeks later they sent me an email stating that that card was no good! they sent me another code! so i have won 10 bucks, and they gave me another 10 bucks! i have only been playing 3 weeks. it is all *** though! made for 80 year old ppl with nothing better to do. i want to see me, or a 20 year old win 5000 a week for life...not some lady on a lark that will die in 2 months!

J. A. Comyns

Jan 25, 2010 Erode, Tamil Nadu

The people who run PCH sweepstakes are the most diabolical people on earth. They bombard us with tons of mail that you have to spend hours trying to figure out how to prepare the entry and then if you make one little mistake they disqualify you from winning. i have had a PCH Lotto screen saying loading for six hours and nothing happening, another scam.

Jocelyn Gallant

Jan 05, 2010

I have been playing PCH Daily Lotteries and its scratch card contest and doing their several online I find it difficult to what step by step to take. I have been primmest that I would win $5,000.00 a week for life. I enter it keep popping up on my computer saying that I would win $5,000.00 a week for life. They clam that will televised on NBC network I never see in on the TV.

Publisher Clearing House is interesting in the profits and is nothing but fraud there the ones the government should go after. People are scam by Reader Disgust and Publisher Clearing House a year it’s all about the mightily dollars in their pockets in the *** the customers are the victims of scams a year.

I can enter the PCH daily lotto and scratch cards contest till the day we die never receive a dime.

There are people are struggling to put food on the table and struggling to pay their monthly bills then are people losing their jobs.

Sure Reader Digest and Publisher Clearing House are not strived like the ad gave citizens.

They have us do their serves to receive a $1,000, 00 $5,000.00 Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart and Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe Gift Cards they want us to punches their magazines and other products that we do not want. Sound too good to be truth it is promptly is. Ought enough to receive their gift
Cards.

I am putting in my two cents of worth of compliments against Publisher
... Show more

Curt Wilson

Jul 15, 2009

Rec'd 2 letters notifying of 2nd place winnings of $350,000. But 1% had to be paid for "insurance" from "Lloyds of London" as req'd by Fed. Gov't Law. Names may always change, but here are the ones used with me:
David Banner, Alan Davis, Christopher Holoway. Olger Mendez Aviles. Final address was San Jose, Costa Rica, 1000.
*** all phone numbers were "800" numbers, which could all be in the same office where "they are discussing you." The numbers all come in as "unknown numbers."
They each have their phrases well
rehearsed and very glib. You are almost convinced. I thank God for protecting me from this kind of stuff.
I now have money that I did not spend on this scam to "help some other people with necessities.
***Best wishes to you !"

Curt Wilson

Jul 15, 2009

They each have their phrases well
***Best wishes to you !"

joseph martinez

Feb 12, 2009

publishers clearing house, the biggest scam in town. want to play a lotto with them, first you have to go through 100 buy me or else. promised a lap top, had to buy a bunch of junk to get it. then when it came down to the end, they cliked off and could not return. kept signing in, but would not do any good, they suck. i want my money back. creeps.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Publishers Clearing House.
Filing a new complaint about
×