Publishers Clearing House supposedly free gift.

Jul 01, 2009
review #150603

I am very turned off with Publishers Clearing House because I ordered a special adhesive that is to be used to seal rips, tears, hems, etc in fabrics and while waiting for this order they sent me a free gift.

Free gift my ###. I never asked for this supposedly free gift which they felt they should charge me $4.99 for shipping it to me.

The box when I got it in the mail was not marked as having this free gift in it so I opened it thinking that it was this special adhesive. In the box the note said my adhesive was backordered but they were happy to send me this free gift with the condition that I send them the $4.99 in shipping charges for it.

I will no longer buy anything from them when they send me the contest envelopes because they only want me to buy products from them at outrages amounts of money. They list their products at a certain amount which seems reasonable until you check closer and find out that it's several more additional payments of that amount.

I am also tired of paying high shipping and handling charges sometimes more than the cost of the item I am buying.

From now on their mail will go in the garbage.

Thanks for letting me inform others of this scam.

b05cd2f
Had an experience with Publishers Clearing House?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
candytn

Aug 03

I order a stuffy could have got local for $10 I paid $17+ with the promise of 25 dollar gift,I got product no mention of the gift I did click on to receive it.

Carol

Dec 10, 2013 Frederica, Delaware

I had the same thing happen. When I ordered pens around $11. They added the free gift. Total came to over $22. Rip - offs. Guess I'll throw their stuff away too in the future.

Deborah Holland @ PCH

Jan 12, 2010

At Publishers Clearing House, all Free Gift promotions fully disclose any related shipping and handling charges related to receipt of the gift. If you do not wish to keep the item or the gift, you may return it and owe nothing. All items are shipped on free credit, so there's no amount charged to your credit card. You won't have to wait for a refund or credit on any items you return because you don't have to pay anything upfront at PCH.

L.

Oct 14, 2009

Well, shipping and handling is on the back of the order form, bone head. PCH is prolly a scam but they get away with it .

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Publishers Clearing House.
Filing a new complaint about
×