Publishers clearing house said i won 82 thousand dollar.

I received a message on my phone stating i have won 82 thousand dollars. I called the number the left, and talked to someone named Michael Myers who said i did win 82 thousand dollars from Publishing Clearing House and they would be at my house today with the money all i had to do was send

them 299 dollars through western union.

Obviously, I didn't send them the money. I do not have that kind of money to give away just because they said I won.

They just called me again right now to see if I went to Western Union yet to send them the money. Its really starting of *** me off!

Who can I call to see if these people are who they say they are? I really would like to find out how many others they have taken for their money.

review #171946
0 0 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments4
Had an experience with Publishers Clearing House?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Linda

Jan 07, 2012 #404694 Erode, Tamil Nadu

I've gotten 2 phone calls from someone with a accent claiming I won money too. I know it's not true since PCH does not call you if you win. Just hang up on these people.

Patty

Aug 17, 2011 #330051

I got a call this morning from 876-507-9867 and a man with a thick accent named "Michael Green" from Publisher's Clearing House told me I won a 2nd prize of $275,000 and a 2011 Honda CR-V. He told me all I had to do was pay $450, which is 1% of my taxes, to an accountant named Bonnie Moore in Burleson, TX. He asked if I wanted to speak to a "manager", and of course I did. His name was *** Lopez. His number was 876-884-3381. I asked him where he was calling from and he said Texas as well. I knew that wasn't a TX area code so I googled it and sure enough- Jamaica. I asked him why it's a Jamaica number and he said it's a travel phone... OK... Sure! He then told me to go to Walmart ASAP so they could be at my house at 2:30, when I told him I wouldn't be home, he asked if I was home now. I said yes and he wanted to send my winnings immediately and would dispatch the guys and prize crew right away. I told him I was getting ready to leave to work and he said to call him back when I got home. I called the REAL PCH @ 877-379-3377 and they confirmed it was a scam and they transferred me to their scams department and I gave them all the information I received.

Don't let them fool you!!!

patricia billie

Jun 18, 2011 #301180

nikintx

Feb 20, 2010 #116631

Big scam.......Do not send any money. If you win a prize you will never have to send money to get your prize.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Publishers Clearing House.
Filing a new complaint about
×