• show-popup

Location Sealy, Texas
Category Newspapers & Magazines
Views 365
Monetary Loss

I am wondering if everyone who is entering the PCH sweepstakes is getting the same emails as i am.I was given a email that stated which boutique and hotel that they would be staying at IF i am the announced winner.

The emails they have sent me would make anyone think they are the winner. I am just wondering if everyone is getting the same thing and if so, i feel this is false hope for EVERYONE who is entering and should be made to stop and possibly fined if this is the case. I know my grandmother and mother used to send in faithfully to them and would pray and hope they would b e the winner and also was made tot hi nk they actually stood a chance. Now, almost 30 yrs later here i sit doing the same thing.

What is really sad is the financial bind we have been in and trying to escape but can't seem to which i am sure everyone has here and there. But, i have 4 children who would really like to have a nice christmas for once and a bigger and warmer house to sleep in. I try to do my best working as much overtime to bring in extra income but it is never enough. I find myself scrpping up change week to week.

My family and i have health issues also which is not good being where we are at but we have to live somewhere. I am not asking nor begging for a handout..I do my best with working and trying to provide but, it would be really nice for once to see a sweepstake actually be for real and actually give something to someone if not me atleast someone in need as much as i am or worser. I could have someone do some searching do some very NICE INVESTIGATION and let me know what me and others co uld do about this b ut, i would like to think they are for real and don't just give false hope.

Please someone let me know what you think about PCH.AM i wasting my time filling out those sweepstakes or do i stand a REAL CHANCE? 305f766

Comments (20) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 13  from Cincinnati, Ohio
Sealy Texas Mom with 4 kids;
I receive same emails, they tell me at what florist they will
Be visiting in my town to buy my roses, technology makes
This easy for them to do, when u sign up with pch you give them
Your address,city,state,zip code, therefore it is easy for them to locate neighboring
Businesses such as hotels,florists,roads that may lead to your house, Please don't let this discourage you. On pch's home page it gives you your odds Of winning these big dollar amount prizes so the chance is slim however there IS A CHANCE,and somebody has to win and you stand just as much of a chance as anyone else, so KEEP ENTERING, PLAYING,and keep DREAMING!IT COULD HAPPEN!!! :)
Reply to Anonymous

Sep 11, 2013
PCH is one of the longest running scams! I knew people that always bought a ton of magazines because they thought they would win something. They are in business to make money not lose it. It's all a scam to get people to buy s.hit from them. I still cannot believe people fall for this bulls.hit.
Reply to Anonymous

Sep 11, 2013  from Chicago, Illinois
I got the same e-mail as you. Except they chose a flower store that looks like it closed down. Also the hotel they chose is cheap hotel. :sigh
Reply to marie

Sep 11, 2012
I recieved a scratch off ticket with my last $5000 for ever paper mail packet; It was the first time my scratck ticket was a $5000 winner ! I was SO EXCITED ! I mailed it back lick it said, and WAITED, & AM STILL WAITING!! :? :? I Know things are tuff all arround world ( we all have personal struggles & problems ! ) Thats LIFE. If it wasnt for the down times- the Ups wouldnt be Soo good. Needless to say, I have been entering these contests withe P C H for YEARS also, And beeing mislead into believing that I, or EVER-ONE is going to win some-thing IS JUST PLAIN UNETHICKLE. ( Is their a law siut here some where ?) And what about my photo copy that says I won $ 5000 ??? I Geuss it is just time to walk away !!!!!!!!! :upset :? :cry :(
Reply to Julie Gust

Sep 09, 2012
Why do I have to ReEnter in these contest every day i REALLY don't understand isn't once enough? Do you ever win tat those PCHSlots I been playing for 3 months haven't won anything and the diamonds I am promised the next day I never recieve , thank you.
Reply to Not Satisfied

Aug 17, 2012
Guys, read the fine print and pay attention. They make it clear that you aren't a guaranteed winner, and I have gotten several emails like the one described. It's part of the marketing, and if you really read the email, you'll know you don't have to purchase to win, and that the winner hadn't been decided. They send those emails to pretty much everyone who enters, so you really don't have a valid case here. Sorry.
Reply to me

Aug 17, 2012
I have entered by returning the mailings for many, many years. I started entering online when I got my first computer 22 years ago! As far as the comments about being confused and thinking that you are the winner, each mailing has a seperate paper in it that explains the odds and that no purchase is neccesary. The same information shows on the screen for internet entries. And then there is praying to God to win. I am a believer, but I think God has a lot more to do than to get involved with the PCH sweepstakes. After 22 years of entering I am not going to stop now! I'll keep entering until I assume room temperature! Good luck to all.
Reply to Joe from Arizona

Jan 31, 2012
pch is a real contest....however they never say you are the winner they say keep sending in the documents with maybe magazine offers ...so you can spend and you will keep your chance at maybe winning..you dont have to buy any they say.....i received the same letter saying a certain hotel and blah blah....but the odds are slim....i know a girl in montreal who did win a million dollars....but they never say you are the winner cause they dont know until the time comes to draw....the superbowl weekend they do the usa live draw...they have for many years,,,...the way i look at it whats a stamp... :) and to the first person who wrote about the money problems...look around hunny we are all like that....we all scrap money each week..return bottles...its a tough world right now and i have done alot more then that to get by...and no not sold my body lol.....just stay strong....god bless
Reply to kerrylynn osbourne

Jan 25, 2012
Hi I was just wondering... if you win 5000 dollars on the scratch and win cards that you get in the mail from pch do you get it before or after the drawingin February? :grin
Reply to ruben hernandez

Jan 20, 2012
:)Smile Mollieuva, Everybody want to win PCH sweeepstakes women,your theats will not get you no where,I wish you well and bless you for your misunderstanding of a bulletin you got,keep the faith in god,BUT NO ONE OWE YOU NOTHING???
Reply to James

Jan 02, 2012
you do win I have received 3 checks so far 2 for 50 1 for 20 .
Reply to alfred liddell

Nov 30, 2011
OK, Well this is to let you know that PCH was not just sending me that as you describe..I was actually getting very misleading information stating that i was GUARANTEED to win a SUPER PRIZE. And it went on stating that i will be very SURPRISED. There was no odds of winnings or anything like to state or to appear that it was just another entry for a contest. On that note, I know that the attorney gen. in CA actually sued PCH for this very same thing. NOw, i am going to take my printed out copies from my EMAIL and take to the attorney Gen myself and see what can and cannot be done with this matter. I felt like PCH would live up to th eir word but i was very mistaken. I see now and understand what PCH is about and doing with consumers and it is certainly not FAIR and not right no way, shape or form. Anyhow, i have tried to get answers from PCH and othe rplaces on here to no avail for the emails i was sent just answers stating that it was another form of entry which is not true. It had no listed odds of winnings..no words or lettering to state that it was nothing more than a entry for another contest. I see what this is all about now. Now, i am done with this and i am taking it to the attorney Gen to see what they feel on this matter. Thank you for trying to explain but i am not buying. Anyhow, have a wonderful evening.

Nov 28, 2011
Hello. This is the Consumer Affairs group from Publishers Clearing House. Thanks to all who have posted on this site for your interest in our comapny and our promotions. We wanted to let Mollieuva, who has posted her note above, know that PCH really does award prizes. Since 1967 Publishers Clearing House has awarded over $226 million in prizes and awards.
While we would love to make everyone a winner, the odds of winning are much like your state lottery. Millions enter for a chance to win and we never know who will be the winner until we conduct our random drawings. We do provide consumers who receive our entry opportunities the names of local florists and hotels that we would use in thier areas IF they were the winner but we have no way of knowing ahead of time where our winners might be.

Always remember that no purchase is ever necessary to enter or win and a purchase will not increase your chances. Our winners come from all backgrounds and from coast to coast.
Questions on our sweepstakes can be found at the ASK US section found on pch.com.

Publishers Clearing House
Consumer Affairs Department
Reply to Publishers Clearing House

Sep 22, 2013  from Central Falls, Rhode Island
You co-sign the bullcrap the people you work for. There are too many evidences pointing to what you are really about....affilaite marketing! P.S. What about Trudy Dinkins? (you know what I am talking about!) :?
Reply to DragonRI

Nov 22, 2011
I am printing EVERYTHING i get from PCH and keeping a copy for my records. Even stuff that i may post or comment i make on their facebook regarding their "mega" prize..I am hoping that there is a reason and a good one behind it that they are deleting everything i post on there including positive comments. I am still going to have everything checked out and verified if i don't hear something back regarding the email i was sent without stating that i am not a winner and also without stating the odds of winning. It is very much a misleading email if nothing else and i am just sick of companies getting by with this esp with people who is in very much need of the financial help. I am praying that i am getting the right feeling and that my co workers is not right. That i have faith and GOD is going to make good on this. I don't feel god want continue to give me the urge and want to continue to pay once more due to not believing in these super sweepstakes. Hopefully, this one will prove me wrong and come in the time of need that could not be any better. Please people pray that i am right or atleast pray that my investigation will work out. Thanks to everyone who has sent emails and information. It surely will help alot.:)

Nov 19, 2011
Well..Yesterday was the so called FINAL day for entry of the 5000 a wk and 1 million bucks...I am praying that i am getting the correct information from them in email which ANYONE would assume i would win something. I am praying for this so it can change my life and bring so much happiness for me and my kids..It could not come at a better time. I have seen so much stuff online ....including how they have been sued for sending false information ..I seen w here they had to pay over 38 Million i believe..I may be wrong about the amount..but..they had to pay close to that amount. I know if i don't hit it this time. i am going to see to it that they don't send anything like this again. I have a few people who can investigate them and also the emails i have recieved to assure anyone if they have recieved them that they would believe that they have won. Esp the part that claims ..anyhow it goes i will recieve a BIG suprise and everyone loves super prizes. It states even more ...as far as stating the hotel they would be staying at..the flower place they would use..and so on ..again to make one think oh wow..i won...But..i am very skeptical about this whole thing...But for some reason it is like GOD is telling me not to give up..it will happen...but with so much bad kluck here lately....I have about gave up on thinking we would win anything..but...am hoping the PCH would prove me wrong and help me out here in a much needed time..I know so many could use it as much as me..but..i... Show more

Nov 18, 2011
I received physical mail from pch, it was a brown envelope with a green sticker on it, on the inside was a scratch off, Did anyone else receive something like this in the mail?
Reply to Chris

Nov 18, 2011  from Solon Springs, Wisconsin
Anyone ever tried calling the customer service number for PCH....what a joke! I got a live person today named Clint. When I told him my problem, he said he'd have to transfer me, 31 minutes later....no response :(
Reply to svandesa

Nov 17, 2011
Well..yeah i have heard how some scams happens and such ..just din't know if PCH was the same way si nce they advertise on live television with so many people watching..But..i guess anything is possible..I guess i was hoping for something different.oh well..I guess like the saying goes...there is nothing free in life..ya have to work and earn it if ya want it....thxs for the reply anyhow..:)
Reply to Mollie

Nov 17, 2011
Wake up and smell the S _ _ t.most sweepstakes are scams.here is a good one. the great car giveaway. pick a disc insert in the new vehicle after all somebody is going to win.right? the ringer goes into the bathroom where the sales manager gives him the winning disc then he inserts into the disc player in the new car and everybody is happy. yea! right.,they pay the ringer about $500 to pull off this scam.now you know.
Reply to sam sausage

Read next Publishers Clearing House complaint

Publishers Clearing House - Billing/Harrassment

I have already filed one consumer complaint and going to file yet another!The other one was resolved...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Publishers Clearing House.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug